Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The slotted spoon CAN INDEED catch the potato!!!!

Who needs a life? There's homework!!! And meetings, and work, and social obligations. Interesting that I said a life, and then mentioned social obligations. I guess what I should have said was who needs solitude? The answer is ME!!!!! I NEED SOLITUDE!!! Even if that means doing my homework, alone - I'll take it!!!

The quote was for Becc, she got it!!! I don't play catch with my food, at least not usually. Sometimes though . . . oh nevermind. WWI was indeed the first use of poison gas; the battle I'm looking for was the Battle of Ypres (April 1916). The poison gas was introduced by the Germans, and it was so devestating for two main reasons: first because it had never been used before and had therefore never been seen and second because the gas was heavier than the air and therefore wafted down into the trenches.

I had a really good, although exhausting, weekend at home. It's amazing how things look when you start looking at them, I mean really looking at them. Congratulations to Neika for becoming a 'brother' in our family of Christ - if you understood that smile and remember good times together as a family. If you didn't understand that, take a minute-smile and remember good times together with your family.

Anyway, so...since Sunday, I came back to Redding. Classes, work, homework, RHA meeting, pointless shopping, homework. My life is pretty much the same week after week. Although tomorrow might be the GREATEST day in FOREVER for me. Do you know why? Because I'm getting a phone that WORKS!!!! Like actually calls people!!! And rings when people call me!!! Not that my phone has ever rung a lot, but now when someone's calling me it will actually ring!!! Thank you JOCELYN!!!! And Chad if he had anything to do with it and THANK YOU JESUS for cell phones!!!! Again, it's amazing how we take things for granted in this modern world of technology and instant gratification.

Okay, I'm leaving now, one more homework thing and then I'm going to bed.

Trivia question: How many flash cards did Natasha have for her third World Civ test of the semester?

Love to all,

Cpt. Skippy

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

A Gagillion! At Least!

Nicole said...

u have a phone...both of ours were out 4 awhile and we just got 1 back and the other hums real loud...u should call me when u have a moment like 2morrow between 5 and 8:30 'cause my mom will be gone leaving the 3 of us here alone...so i'll b lonely...u could come see us...

Nicole said...

no Anna she wants 2 come see me...not u...she luvs me more...lol! ok tash i'm answering ure trivia question: I have absolutely no idea...ok I have 1 for u...how long will it take Tasha 2 add me as a friend on myspace, reply 2 my letter, and/or come see me...don't think 2 hard!