Sunday, March 12, 2006

I promised!!!!

As promised, post before Monday morning.

I don’t remember last Sunday. I know we went to church, and I’m quite sure that I studied a lot, but other than that.

Pretty much the whole week was work and classes and homework, but instead of writing that every time, you can just add it mentally.

Monday I took my Theory Midterm and went shopping with RHA (Residence Hall Association – we’re the group that puts on stuff for the whole dorm) we were doing Welcome Bags for the girls that were coming to stay in Irwin for Genesis.

Tuesday was just classes and work.

Wednesday I took my World Civ midterm, and worked, and then my roomies and I went out to dinner.

Thursday was INSANE. Got up and went to a class, then to chapel (I’ll explain about that in a minute) and then I had 40 minutes to straighten my hair, get some pictures to my roommate, and finish my homework before I had to run to class. I made it through about an hour of class (on Tuesdays classes are an hour and a half) before my head hurt so bad I had to leave class. So I came back to my room and took a 20 minute nap, then I went to my next class. Then I went to work for three hours; and then I started my homework.

Friday was a little better, but it was LONG. Classes and chapel in the morning, lunch, work, homework. I worked in the Genesis Tent welcoming students from 4-6 and then we went to dinner. Then I went the Welcome Rally with Alexa (One of the girls who stayed in my room, we had three at one point and then two) and at 8:30 we got in line for Nite Life. Nite Life is pretty much “let’s get up and make fools of ourselves and make everyone laugh” – it was GREAT.

Got up on Saturday and went to class – I know, class on Saturday. They do this Genesis weekend so that prospective students can see what classes are like; and then we get Monday off after all the Genesis students have left – we deserve it. After classes I went and worked in the Genesis tent some more, and then I went to the concert that the Chorale was singing at. We went to the Commissioning Service at 7 to hear from the Spring Break teams and commission the teams that we’re sending out this summer. I had to leave early because I was guarding the Street Faire. The Street Faire is a bunch of booths set up in the Genesis Tent by the different teams to tell Simpson about their trips; and because the teams were still in the commissioning service, we were out there to make sure that people didn’t get in before the team members had a chance to get settle. IT WAS SO cold, but it was fun to be a security guard. There were four or five of us, and we were all girls. It was cool.

So this morning we got up and saw our girls off, everyone went to church, I had some solitary time with God (always a good thing) and went out to lunch with Joce and did some shopping, and then came back and took a nap.

And now I’m filling you all in on my week before I start the homework load for this week. It was an INSANE week, but it was overall good, and I’m definitely glad that it’s over. However, I did get to go to chapel 7 times this week!!!! Anyone who knows how I feel about music at camp, that’s pretty much how I feel about Chapel. The reason we had chapel 7 times this week, is that we had our normal Monday Chapel, and then Don Everts got here and he spoke Wednesday – Saturday. On Friday night at the Welcome Rally they had a worship service, and at the Commissioning Service they had a worship service lead my one of the guys in my Theory and Theory Lab classes. I definitely loved having lots of chapel this week not only because of all the worship services, but because Don was a REALLY REALLY REALLY great speaker. He reminded me a lot of someone else I know that is a really good speaker, (physically too, he’s kinda tall, really skinny, wears glasses, throws in lots of random things…) and it was REALLY great to hear a down to earth guy speak about such Heavenly things, and it had been a long time since I’ve had a speaker who got into the next instead of just referencing it.

Anyway, so I had better go now. I have lots to do, and Exodus is tonight too. Exodus is the party they throw for all the Simpson students for getting through Genesis.

But before I go,

Trivia question: When was Italy as we know it created? And did it happen all at once or in parts like the U.S.?

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Cpt. Skippy

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey u insanely busy crazy person! Long time no hear from! I miss u! A 2 pg. letter will be in the mail tomorrow so...I've been home w/ strep,though I went 2 skool 2day 'cause we didn't find out 'till afterwards...anyway...I will be back in skool on wed in time 4 youth group.
Hope 2 hear from u soon!