Monday, July 03, 2006

So . . .

. . . I have decided that what I’m going to do to debrief all of you about camp is this: each day this week I will post a section on Missions camp for that day and on Youth camp for that day. So, here’s Monday:

Missions Camp: Unfortunately, Missions Camp doesn’t start until Tuesday. So, for me, Monday was spent cleaning and getting ready and packing and freaking out.

Youth Camp: Do to our exhausting Missions Sunday Night (more on that later) we slept in until around 10 on Monday morning. I got up and got clean (only stayed that way for about an hour but it was a nice shower all the same) and then I went up to the ropes course. The boys, Tim and Duane, were putting up Jacob’s Ladder (five rungs, each progressively farther apart, hung up in a tree, you must climb it using only the boards and your partner, climbers were roped into a person on belay, one of which was me). Jody taught me what I was doing and I roped in and then I took over Tim’s rope and Jody went to register kids. The rest of the afternoon was spent getting my cabin, meeting my girls, moving into my cabin, moving my girls into my cabin, getting to know each other, finding out that my watch was an hour fast, and then dinner. We did a demonstration Sword Drill, which was the only Drill of the week that I got to be involved in. Then worship, sermon, and Capture the Flag!!! No flag was caught, but Duane basically turned himself in so the girls got to say that we got him.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'll be checking back everyday!