Saturday, February 25, 2006

Well,

So I've spent the week at home, and it has been interesting to the least. It's really kind of crazy; they tell you that moving to college will take lots of adjustment and that you should expect setbacks and all that, but that when you come home, everything will even out. Moving to college was no problem for me, really. I didn't have lots of problems, I lucked out and got great roommates, I love my life at school. But then I come home, and I have to adjust. I didn't have to adjust when I moved to college, I have to adjust when I come home for break!!!

Anyway, so this week has been good, crazy, but good. And I, of course, have gotten nothing done.

On the subject of comments, I was really excited to get four comments on my last post!!!! CMC - I don't really like white geese either . . . I've never seen a white goose, but whatever. Anna, the trivia question is coming, I promise!!!! Lesa - thanks for pointing out the typo, note I fixed it!!!! And to you, Miss Nicole: just because you don't think that geese are exciting doesn't mean that they're not. I happen to like my geese and I will appreciate you not dissing them.

I'm going back to school tomorrow; and, as usual, I wish I wasn't. Two weeks before vacation, I'm all excited about coming home. Two days before I leave to come home, I wish I was staying there. Then I get home, and I'm here for a day and I half and I want to go back to school. And then I settle in and get happy, and then I have to go back to school. And I'll get to school and want to come home again. ARG!!! Just like me isn't it? Always wanting what I can't have (Josh Groban for instance!!! LOVE his voice!!!) and finally wanting what I had after it's gone . . . (Becc - any ideas?)

Point being, I'll be back at school tomorrow - I get to drive, I'm excited!!!!! And then, it's back to the grindstone: homework, work, work, and homework.

And, yeah. So I'm done now. Love to hear from you!!!!!!

Coming next time: a child of the 90's. Thanks Lesa!!!!!!

Trivia: Who can tell me what the "Tennis Court Oath" of 1789 was and who made it and why they made it?


Love from,

Cpt. Skippy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been such a joy and big help having you home this past week. I think of you giving up school and cry, I think of you leaving and cry - are the Rothchild women all this "crazy"? You are such a blessing in my life, as well as the girls, but especially to mom and dad. I'll miss you so very much and as for not accomplishing any- thing - think back about our day to day life - pleasures, challenges, etc. and rewrite your accomplishments. All who know you will appreciate and love you as much as I do!!!!!!

Nicole said...

I know ure geese r special 2 u as is so much other stuff...so I will not diss them...not that I was trying 2 but...wish u could have gotten 2 see us...that would have been fun! oh by the way my comments r fixed so leave comments! no one ever leaves comments! :( ok so talk 2 u l8er! by the way (I luv doing this 2 u!) Brock will b driving in about half a year and going 2 college in 1 and a 1/2...I will b in highskool in 1/2 a year and college in 4 and 1/2 and will b driving in about 3 and 1/2...I've been meaning 2 tell u this...lol! i'm really frustrated...so bye now!

Anonymous said...

Karen and Jocelyn say, that the Tennis Court Oath occured when the third assembly (representing 96% of the population) of France, one of it's three voting bodies found itself locked out of it's hall after declaring themselves the new national assembly. They met on an indoor tennis court and refused to disband until a constitution was in place for France. And yes, we googled.

Lesa said...

http://www.historyguide.org/intellect/tennis_oath.html

People already beat me to it. I googled. :)

Also, I know that I had, as well, had little problems adjusting to college; it was when I came home--and I was different, but little had changed in Red Bluff--that it was difficult. I totally understand what you mean.