Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm running out of ideas

Hey all. I've been doing really good lately!!!! Posting often and all, but it's leading to a shortage of ideas on titles. I have dropped Philosophy in favor of Music in History and Context. Philosophy was a junior level course that I don't have enough life or educational experiences to fully enjoy. Music in History and Context is a music class that is a foundational studies requirement, so it's full of non-music students, and that means we go very slow. Faith and Culture - still a blast!!!! I think I might have talked to much in the last class (no comment please) but may it was just because it was only the second class.

Music Theory - good times good times!!!! Glad to be back with all my music folk, 8:30 three days a week!!! World Civ is . . . World Civ - bigger room though. Music Theory Lab is different this semester because we have a new professor. She seems really cool, but I've only had one class with her and I won't have another until next Wednesday.

I'm all settled in my room (have been for a while now, the point is that) the room seems REALLY empty. Sheng moved out at the end of last semester to move into Morgan (the next dorm over). So my side of the room is just me . . . and the closet is full of luggage and random storage stuff. I like the clean feeling, but it's just so empty it's depressing!!!! I used to be able to avoid homework by staring at her spongebob sheets . . . now it's just a maroon mattress.

I'm glad to have fresh Belgian waffles every morning again, but I miss home-cooked dinners. And there are definitely perks to living in an environment with no children, or pre-teens either.

Today has been the longest day I can remember in the history of forever. Dad was supposed to go into surgery this morning at 7:30. I called my mom around 12:30 and she told me that they hadn't taken him in yet, but were planning to take him in at 6 pm. And then around 8:30 Jocelyn calls and tells me that they just got him 45 minutes ago, and it's a three hour surgery. So I did some homework, watched CSI and Without A Trace, and now I'm sitting here, on my bed, updating my blog, wanted desperately for my mom to call me.

I have faith that everything will be okay, it's not that. It's waiting. And there it is I've done it now. Okay, let me explain: I didn't want to go to church on Sunday because I knew nothing would get done at the house and because I would be all by myself. But I went (out of guilt, I'll admit it, but I was also hoping for something too.) and got pretty beaten up. The songs hit the spot, and being alone (and in the back) allowed me to break down. And the message was "Waiting Made Easier". Pastor talked about things that make waiting easier; knowing that God has a bigger and better plan than I can see and so on. It totally it me right were I was (it's amazing how God does that) and helped me to find a peace that I was able to carry back to school with me. A peace I had with me, until yesterday. I'm not sure what happened or why it broke, but ever since yesterday I have been getting more and more apprehensive. And today has been the culmination of it in the waiting for Dad.

Isn't it a amazing (what a prayer can do? LOVE that song!!) how God can use a BLOG to get me to see the problem and bring around to hearing what I needed to hear? Even though I was the one who was saying (typing) it!!!

And would you look at that!!! My mom just texted me, Dad's okay and in ICU for now (precautionary). I've never felt so relieved, ever. All that worrying today and now it's all over. And he's okay. I know that now we have to wait for him to recover, and then we have to wait to find out if the cancer is really gone, but for now, he's okay.

Now that I know about Dad I'm not trying to pass the time anymore, and it's time for me to go to bed. Thanks for the prayers!!! Please continue to pray, we have a long way to go!!!

Love ya,

Natasha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kiddo-oh, sweetie, my day was just as long as yours but I did have the "perks" of kids & pre-teens. watched the same shows - they've never gone so slow - called and talked with pastor after praying and having prayer with my Toni (Simone's mom) over our cell phones. I love you and miss you - sorry the energy level wasn't up to your "turbo mode" while you were here. Did you get your package? Grandma gets to go home SOON!!!! Now we need to add Julie to our prayers. Talk to ya soon. K.

Nicole said...

Hey Tasha!
That is so good! and if u ever get lonely our door is always open. It's hard getting over the fact that your a 1/2 hour away yet we never see u! (september) my dad said u need to get out more! :)