Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'm Sorry!!!

I am TERRIBLY sorry!!! I just got a comment and checked and low and behold it has been 13 days which now that I think of it is not really that long since I posted. But I do apologize, and do to the fact that I have some time right now, it is a rare thing you know, I'm going to update you!!!

First off, finals are in full swing now: I had 6 to start with and finish my third and fourth one today, only two left!!!! Music Theory and English 1220 tomorrow, and then I'm done!!! Of course I'm not leaving until Friday, but that's okay because it just gives me time to settle before going home!!!

Besides finals not much else is going on. One of my roommates is moving to a new dorm, and I'm kind of apprehensive about getting someone new.......

I'm excited about Christmas, it's going to be different this year: but I've decided different is good, different is necessary, and different can be good if you let it. I'm reading a book right now on the traditions of Christmas (That might make a good post.....) and how they have changed and evolved over the centuries, pretty interesting!! And it makes me think of how traditions have changed just in my own life. Like when I was little I, being the youngest would wake everyone up. Not so anymore, the past two years, mom has had to come wake me up to start the Christmas festivities. When my grandparents came up for Christmas all the time, Grandpa was 'Santa' and passed out the presents; now I do it. Mom used to do stockings for my sister and I, now I do it for Jocelyn and she does it for me. And I think about traditions that I remember starting; Jocelyn making cinnamon roles at 2 am and eating them fresh from the oven on Christmas morning, eating with Karen and her bunch, going out to eat at a fast food restaurant and exchanging gifts with the girls from school. Traditions are interesting things, and they are more numerous than you would think.

I can tell you one thing for sure: I am ready to be out of this dorm full of lots of girls with issues and loud voices and rude comments. I never thought going home would sound so good, but it does!!! And I get to see people, and hang out with those that I love, it's going to be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This won't be my last post until Christmas, but Merry Christmas anyway!!! And I want to hear from all of you about your traditions and Christmas Plans!!!!

Love always,

Natasha

No comments: