Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!!!!

If you have looked at the date and time on this post, you will realize that it's 7 o'clock on Christmas morning. You might ask why any self respecting college student would be up at 7 o'clock on a Sunday, during a break, on Christmas morning, let alone posting on her blog!!! Well, here's the answer: I'm kinda sick, so my head is draining and all the icky gross snot stuff makes it REALLY hard to sleep. AND, I guess there's still enough kid left in me that I have to have something to do if I'm going to wait for the rest of the house to get up!!!

Before I forget: Delsiri, that comment you left brightened my morning, I know that it's true, but it's still good to hear it every now and then!! Thank you SOOO much!!!

In other news: (Although this really just turned out to be a prayer list.)
Dad Update: He had shingles, they are healing but are still very painful. His blood pressure was WAY high, it has come down and has started to even out. He went into the hospital in Chico (Enloe) on Tuesday night, and came home Friday around 3 pm. He has been confused since Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, the doctors said when you have a person of his age, who's sick and you then you take them out of their comfort zone and put them in a place where they don't know anyone and the people are constantly changing, that confusion is not uncommon. This scares my family the most, because we've dealt with the physical before, we know we can handle that. This is the area where we will have to be trusting in God even more. He has gotten a little better as far as the confusion goes, but if what the doctors said was right, then after being home for almost two full days, there should be marked improvement, and there's not, so again, we're having to trust in God and wait for His plan. The last thing is that they did an X-RAY of his long, and found a black spot. They did a biopsy on Friday morning, and have determined that it is cancerous, we don't know for sure to what extent, but the doctors sounded somewhere between hopeful and serious. Please continue to pray for my Dad, the physical is hard but we've done it before, and while it's good to have him home it's also trying to see him in such a state of confusion.

In a recent discussion with one of my best friends, we got to talking about the Lord. He (my friend) has a very negative perception of Our Father, and while I've been trying to lead as an example for years, this conversation was the first real one we've had on the subject. He's very . . . conflicted. This friend is VERY important to me, and I would appreciate your prayers for him also - when we talked, the words were ALL God's, because I could never have gotten through it on my own without breaking down, but God gave me strength - I know that God is in this situation, but please pray for patience and the right words for me, and an open heart for my friend.

My niece has recently decided to be baptized in our church in Gridley!! This is very good news, and I would again ask for your prayers as she starts to learn what it is to live a life for God!!!

Ummm, let's see.........oh, more on Dad. His regular doctors are in San Francisco (for those of you who don't know, my Dad had a heart transplant almost 14 years ago, and it took place in San Francisco, so his 'regular doctors' are his heart doctors.) and they want to see Dad next week. What this means is that I will be going down to San Francisco with my Mom to take my Dad to see those doctors on Tuesday, and I have NO idea how long we will be there. Again, please pray - I'm worried about what they will find, and about how I will spent whatever time is spent there.

I can't think of anything else that's going on in my life . . . one thing my sister always says, "It's never dull around our house!" And she's right, please keep me and my family in your prayers, we appreciate it!!!

Love always,

Natasha

P.S. While all this post is is prayer requests, please feel free to send me yours, I would LOVE to pray for you too!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey!
Join the sick club! It's so much fun! I'm clearing up so it's just allergies now. Anyway funny thing: my parents had to wake all of us this morning! That has never happened! I willbe praying! That's so scary!