Saturday, September 24, 2005

Um. Yeah.

Hola. K. Well. Sorry it's been so long, but I've been REALLY busy!!!

I've been working for two weeks now, and I really like it!! I understand he cataloging system now, and I know where almost everything is. It's really fun to be able to help people!!!

The baby (Maddie) is 22 days old, and still as cute as ever!!! The 19th was my daddy's 66 birthday, so I called him and sang Happy Birthday over the phone!!! Jocelyn and I came home this weekend; I have a wedding to go to ( Duane and Corinne are getting married this evening), and we wanted to see the baby and we're having a Birthday party for Dad.

I have TONS of homework to do, and laundry and stuff. BUT I got to go shopping yesterday!!!! And that was really fun, Becca and Jocelyn and I went to Old Navy......my weak spot. But it's all good, and very cute!!!!

I'm still in all those classes, and actually doing a fairly good job, I think. It's extremely crazy, but it's getting better, a little more of a routine. My favorite classes are my Music Theory and Music Theory Lab class!!! I know some of the stuff, or at least know the surface stuff. But to get down into the why and how and be able to build up what I know about the language of music is AWESOME!!!! Then there's English, we just finished Twelfth Night, and I actually liked it! World Civ would be my second favorite class. There's LOTS of notes, three pages typed per day, and a fair amount of reading. But it's so cool to look at the historic world from a Godly point of view. And then...let's see....what else? Studio and private lessons...interesting to say the least. It's fun, but kind of embarrassing. And then, on Thursday, I went to my first practice with the Shasta Band, and it was AMAZING!!!! Like over 100 people!!! Think about that and then think about the fact that last year we had 15 in my High School band. And we're playing great stuff, like Seventy Six Trombones from The Music Man, an arrangement from Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Somewhere from West Side Story. I got the Freshmen Rep position, only there was two spots, and only two of us ran, so. I won't start actually working for athletics until basketball starts, but that's just around the corner. And honestly, I can't wait!!! I actually like stating, and it'll be fun to not have to run the clock AND do the book.

I think that's all I'm doing.....I'm not really sure, I can't remember.

Anyway, I miss you all and hope to hear from you!!! Leave me a comment (and your name!) or send me an email!!!!

Luv In Christ,

Natasha

P.S. TIM!! We sang Be Thou My Vision in chapel on Wednesday!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes your niece very is cute... but anyway I have received a forward from you and I don't like it one bit.. "BOYCOTT THE MUSLIM STAMP" that is not something that should be disputed and passed around as a forward because it raises a lot of hate and anger that is not needed.... Yeah sure the muslims FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY!!!!! CAME HERE TO BOMB THE WTC'S(God rest their souls)The AMERICAN FLIGHT TRAINING SCHOOLS WERE TRAINING THEM!!!... THEY DIDN'T DO A BACKROUND CHECK ON THEM!!!!!! I know that you are expressing yourself and your views and that is a good thing..... BUT!! think about how muslims feel some of these people that BOMBED!! the WTC's were trained by AMERICANS We are at fault too(I am not saying it is all of our fault to but the government new that the attacks were going to happen).. We trained the pilots that ran the planes into the WTC's, pentigon, and the plane that missed and crashed in pennsylvania in the first place it is our fault too. It was a very sad and horrible thing that happened but... YOU CAN'T GO AROUND BLAMING PEOPLE THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WIHT sep 11
i AM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT TO THINK OK... BUT i DON'T KNOW JUST THINK ABOUT IT FOR A WHILE.............

Lesa said...

Anonymous--

Okay, really, so if you're going to rant, please check your facts.

Let me start, however, with saying that I agree that Muslims are not all like the terrorists. I spent a month in a Muslim country this summer and met some of the most incredible people ever--and they happen to be Muslim. Thank you for realizing that much.

I suppose you can believe that the attacks are "our fault" if you use the logic you presented--no background checks at American flight schools. However, I'd disagree. How on earth do you expect our gov't to know the motivations of every person going to flight school? We had no reason to do background checks--we didn't realize that there was a homeland threat from Extremists at that time.

The gov't did NOT know that the attacks were going to happen, and I cannot believe that you would state such an erroneous statement. The gov't of the United States of America would NEVER have allowed such an attrocity to occur.

Please make sure your facts are straight before you publicly rant! It's the most important thing I learned in college...

Lesa said...

Just to clarify, my comment was to the person who anonymously commented. Sorry if there was any confusion!