Tuesday, August 01, 2006

La, la, la, la

So the carnival went REALLY well. We did have the dunk tank and the bounce house and the pony rides!!!! And I got to help with the horseys!!! Duane and Doug brought Gunner (who belongs to and is strangely similar to Duane) and Georgie (who belongs to and is strangely similar to Corinne) to the church for the pony rides. Doug led Georgie with Jody walking behind him with her hand on the saddle in case the child started to slip. Duane led Gunner and I walked behind him doing what Jody was doing. I held the lead rope while Duane loaded kids and Gunner kept snotting all over me and biting me (he got smacked for that) and nudging me (he kinda got smacked for that). We had over forty helpers and at one point we had over 100 people there. And, after it was all over and done with, I got to ride the horses!!!! Both of them, not at the same time. I had never ridden a horse, and so I told Duane that I didn’t want a pony ride, I wanted him to teach me how to ride, and he did…kind of. Anyway, so I got up on Gunner and rode around the building pad (they’re getting ready to build another building, so there’s the pad that they’re going to build on.) once and then I got up on Georgie (that was an adventure, you can see why in the picture) and rode her for quite a while – at least it seemed like a while, I’m not really sure how long I was on her – but it was REALLY fun!!!!!! And then I cleaned up and then I went to a concert at the church where I got to see a few of my favorite people.

Sunday was fun: church, lunch (at Happy Days, where else when you’re going with Doug?) and then the missionaries and I went back to the church and started decorating for VBS this week. About 4:30, the four of them found out that they were not only speaking in the evening service, they were leading the music as well!!! So we went to dinner (GREAT pizza – I have really got to stop eating that stuff, but its just SO good!!!) and then we rushed back to the church and started to frantically get ready for the evening service. I ran the power point, so I was trying to put in all the words for the songs they were singing. And then Matt got up and gave a presentation on his trip to Brazil which lasted . . . a long time. What was funny was that he thought he was controlling the power point with the remote, but he wasn’t because for some reason the remote wouldn’t work. Anyway . . . then we did a slide show of the pictures from the carnival, and that was fun. And then . . . we were done. So I went home with Duane and Corinne (YEAH for the Honda!!!!!!!) and took a shower and went to BED!!!!

This morning started bright and early; up at 6am, ready at 7am, out the door at 7:20 when my ride got there. Rewrote the Bible study that I was going to do; did the power point for the worship rally; learned all about hooking up the computer to the projector, and had Chex Mix (traditional style) for breakfast – good times. The actual VBS went really well: we had 64 kids and 34 helper-teacher-leader people. We were late getting started, but that’s usual for Monday of VBS; but the rally went well and the kids liked Arctic Edge fairly well. The time between the rallies I did my Bible study and I walked around taking pictures. The closing rally went well, Erica taught them “I Know that I Know that I Know” and we sang Arctic Edge again.

Then we went down to Stirling City (oh, side note, they almost forgot my lunch!!!!) and did VBS there. We had 10 kids, and it went fairly well. But it bugged because we didn’t have as much time . . . and I REALLY wanted to make a scrapbook and didn’t get to – but it’s okay because there’s still time!!!

Anyway, I’m leaving now, because I have things to do and sleep to catch up on etc.

Love from: Skippy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had soooooo much fun and being able to "plant" the seed and ride a horse and have pizza - NO SUGAR! You have a great amount of kids; you'll be home soon, so, plz, plz, plz, send me a menu. I am SOOOOO out of ideas and originality w/ food!
Miss ya so much,
K

Anonymous said...

I never found a picture of you on the horse. And, yeah the communication problem is exactly as you surmised - it will be fixed in a couple of days. Love you!

Jodi said...

hey...I got a blogspot...I figured it would be an easier way for me to keep up with you! other than the cell phone