Friday, June 02, 2006

Updates of a general nature...

Hello folks!!! I have good news!!!!! I finished the back room!!!!!!! That's right!!! Last week we (Rebecca and I) got it all cleaned out and cleaned up, then over the weekend Jocelyn and I redecorated it. And now, it's perfect!!!! Well, not perfect, But I'm not asking for perfect, I just wanted a room!!!! And I got it!!!!!

Dad seems to be doing okay, no significant change, but there is definite deterioration. My eldest sister is coming this weekend to be with him and then the middle sister and her husband and child are coming on Monday to stay for a while. We're also expecting an adopted sister of Dad's to come for part of the week.

Camp is in 18 days!!!!!! How exciting is that?!?!?!?! VERY!!!!!!! I'm SOOO looking forward to two weeks with some of my favorite people; I think this year more than ever before.

The second line to the VBS theme song is boring, it's "or take a little hike." All in all though, the songs are pretty good this year.

The trivia thing isn't working out so well at the moment, my guess is because it's summer. So we'll stop it for a couple of months and then when it's school time again (at least for me and all you other people still in the educational system) we'll start it up again. Ok? Ok.

The other thing that I've been working on is compiling all my stuff. Most of you know how much stuff I have, and most of it has been in the storage pod for months now. But this week I was able to pull most of it out and work it around and cut down on a lot of it. So now it's all stacked neatly in tubs which are stacked neatly in the corner of my room in two piles: school, and home. Most of you don't care, but the fact that my stuff has been spread out for so long has been bugging me for MONTHS, so this is quite a relief for me.

Other than that, not much is going on. My 11 year old niece got second degree (I think) sun burns this week, so she's home from school today. My 14 year old niece is on her 8th grade trip at the moment, they are probably just pulling into Six Flags Marine World. The little one, she's 7, is working on this musical program called "The Planets" which she sings bits and pieces of all the time, and that's all fine and dandy, but it's the same program I did in elementary school. What does that tell you??

Okay, signing off now. Love to all, Skippy

3 comments:

Lesa said...

I like how you said you'll be at camp with "some" of your favorite people...:) I can't believe that I have to miss camp this year! :( God has a plan, however, and I know that He knows best. :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's all well and good that YOU sang the planet song. What I want to know is did Prof Rose do the planet song. THAT would be really crazy!!!
hehehehe,
Kate

PS "that's not a knife. THAT's a knife!" (there's a quote for you.)

Nicole said...

Hey! I was at Marine World yesterday! fun, fun and I graduate in 5 days!!! YAY!!! i'm excited...so only "some" of the people at camp are your favorites? geez...that's not very nice...
Nicole