Thursday, September 14, 2006

From the Skippy:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That's about how I feel, and about how I'll continue to feel, until oh . . . say . . . graduation????

So I know its been a while (18 days to be exact, although the first 10 don't count cuz I TOLD you I couldn't post then) and I really am sorry. Every time I go online I keep meaning to post, and then I forget or I don't have time or I have to work on that pesky little thing called homework.

And I know that you all know that my life is CRAZY insane, but let me give you an idea of my normal week. 15 units (that means 15 hours of in class time and 30 hours of homework). 15 hours a week for my Athletic Student Clerk job; three hours a week for my Book Repair job; plus whatever home games we have that week (I'm working pretty much all of them.) So pretty much - life is insane!!!!

However, there are some other things going on in my life that I'd like to share with you!!!! This year I'm a prayer-leader on my floor. I have ten girls who have been 'assigned' to me, and we meet once a week and pray and hang out and talk and whatever. We had our first real meeting on Monday night, and it went really well!!!! We talked about the ground rules and about the importance of going to God with confidence. I had 8 out of those 10 show up and we just about filled my room!!!

That's a total praise, here's a total prayer request: my brother-in-law is in the ICU right now, he had a series of small strokes. They are running all sorts of tests (yesterday and today) and we don't have a prognosis but it looks like he's getting better.

In other news - we have a RALLY this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited!!!! I can't wait to see everyone again!!!!!! (Heather, are you coming? I still can't finish that scarf!!!! :( )

Anyway, I think I'm done now . . . . . . so love to you all,

Major Skippy

1 comment:

Nicole said...

When did u start knitting??? Michelle taught me when she was living here...I'm about done w/ my scarf and I don't know what to do from there so...but anyway I will see u 2morrow!!!