Thursday, September 04, 2008

This week...

WOW. Since my last posting I have missed two birthdays, one trophy, a bad loss and the start of classes.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE AND MADDIE!!!!!!!!
Way to go Men's Soccer!!!! Beat Oregon Institute of Technology 5-0 to win the OIT Tournament!!! One of the guys who works for me and used to play goalie scored two goals at striker - talk about position change!
Our Women's Volleyball team lost to Chico State...wasn't a huge surprise.
Classes started on Tuesday. I started my week with Preaching I. I wasn't too stoked about this class to start with, but I don't have to preach in front of a whole church so I'm really stoked about that!!! Then I had Peoples of the World which is focused on China this year because our Overseas Worker in Residence is working in China. Except right now, when she's here, teaching us. AND, her name is Jolene!!!! How cool is that?
Wednesday I started with Communicating Cross Culturally where my phone went off in class. That was embarrassing. That looks to be a really REALLY great class; its taught by one of Nicole's favorite profs. Then chapel (Academic Convocation, Senior Class Picture etc) and lunch.
Next was what I think will be the highlight of my semester: Greek. I am seriously SO stoked and excited and terrified of and SOOOOOO looking forward to this class - I just can't tell you. And, tonight, I learned the Greek alphabet. So there.
My last class on Wednesday was Leadership in Ministry. Doesn't look to be a phenomenal class, and it did require five books (ARG) but I'll get through it.
Today I had Preaching and Peoples, and usually I have my Internship Class...only today I TOTALLY blanked it. Completely forgot that I had a class. My prof called me after they were done and even then my phone didn't ring at the call, it only rang through the message he left. Where he told me that he figured I had just forgotten and therefore wasn't dropping me from the course and that hopefully I had a horrified look on my face and would be scurrying over to his office to apologize in person etc etc. (He's really a great prof, and he's my adviser.) And I did exactly that. Practically ran across campus to Labum to catch him before he left, which I did. Apologized profusely, got my syllabus and signed up for my presentation date. That presentation is worth 65% of my grade in that class, how's that for daunting? Besides that presentation the only thing I get graded on are 10 one page responses to a book we read last semester, Blue Like Jazz. This class will be a breeze, if I can just manage to show up...
Crazy plans for the weekend, lots of homework; a service project followed by swim and BBQ. Church on Sunday followed by more homework I'm sure. Back to classes on Monday. Hopefully I'll make it through the week without my phone going off in class or forgetting to go to class.
I'm off now, study break has lasted long enough. I owe my Greek professor another hour at least on the Greek alphabet before our quiz tomorrow and then there's Monday's homework to start on.
LOVE TO ALL!!!
Skip

No comments: