Monday, October 19, 2009

Catch up...

I know, long time no NOTHIN.
I'm here to update you all in the saga that is my life.
I moved to Boise in July and spent all of July, all of August and all of September looking for work. FINALLY, at the end of September I was hired on as a server at the Courtyard by Marriott in Banquets. Its basically Conference Services and catering together, we do all the set up and serve the food, clear dishes and completely tear down. I was really excited and very grateful to get the job but struggled because I was so out of shape (not doing anything for five months is killer) and because I was only getting a few hours a week.
Last Sunday night one of the online job searches I had used emailed me with a new posting for Vector Marketing. I had never heard of it and didn't really want to but filled out the application anyway. The next day I got a call that they wanted to set up an interview, they had an opening at 5:30 so I took it. The three part interview process took about three hours and at the end I had a job!
As of Wednesday I am an independent contractor for Vector Marketing showing Cutco in home appointments. I make my own schedule (outside of training which was Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week, a few hours today and a few hours Wednesday night; and weekly team meetings) and get paid whether I sell or not - so its not only based on commission.
I did six appointments between training on Friday and Sunday night. I have three set up today and need lots more before next Sunday. I'm really excited at the opportunities with the company: the product is awesome and the people are honest and supportive; there's lots of room for advancement and pay advances - which after five months of unemployment is much needed.
Basically that's whats going on in my life.
Once again I will be attempting to update more often than once a month. In the mean time - enjoy your day!

No comments: